What is ‘Grow to Learn’?
Grow to Learn provides learning placements at ActivGardens for older adults, family carers, and young people in transition with social care needs – to enable you to learn skills, improve your health and wellbeing and get to know other people and make new friends.
Learners will participate in a five-week programme of activities, comprising gardening, nature conservation and beekeeping, cooking with fresh produce, woodoworking at our ActivSheds project, and preparing items for sale.
Grow to Learn will enable participants to…
- learn practical skills and skills for employment/ progression where relevant
- develop competencies such as working as a team, good communication, and understanding responsibility
- build self-esteem, gain confidence, and develop independence
- develop friendships and form social networks
- feel a useful part of a community
- spend time outdoors and become physically active to maintain their physical and mental well-being
- take part in new, fun activities such as beekeeping and outdoor cooking
- foster an understanding of the natural world and improve the local environment
FREE courses at the People’s Community Garden
30th September – 28th October 2020
4th November – 2nd December 2020
3rd February – 10th March 2021
Time: 9.30am to 12noon
Project Officer : Bev Baker
To enrol or refer someone you support, please get in touch with Susannah on 07530 407302 or email@example.com or call ActivLIves 01473 345350.
This project is funded by Leading Lives Community Benefit Fund 2020
The People's Community Garden
Call us on: 01473 345350
We’re located at:
Brightspace, 160 Hadleigh Road,
Ipswich, Suffolk IP2 0HH
Weekly Events and Activities
Extra Special Events