It’s on Thursday 23 January from 1pm to 3pm at the People’s Community Garden, Maidenhall Allotments, Halifax Road, Ipswich IP2 8RE.
There will be hot drinks and biccies, and a chance to look around the gardens and speak to members of our friendly team.
OPEN DAY Agenda
- 1pm – Tour of Community Garden and facilities – entrance on laneway between Halifax Road and Wherstead Road
- From 1.30pm – refreshments available in CRESS Pavilion, Halifax Road
- 2pm – Short presentation of Grow Your Future project in pavilion
- From 2.30pm – a chance to ask questions, network and take another look around the gardens
Please let ActivLives know if you are coming on 01473 345350
- If you are unable to find the site, please call Project Manager Susannah on 07530 407302
If you are looking for a new direction in 2020 – how about taking part in a free outdoor-based learning programme at ActivGardens, part of local charity ActivLives?
‘Grow Your Future’ will enable you to learn new skills and gain confidence on your way to further opportunities and employment.
The 12-week scheme will include garden maintenance, horticulture and environmental conservation, with a chance to get involved in specialist activities such as woodworking or bee-keeping.
Grow Your Future is for anyone aged 16+ who is unemployed or economically inactive, and encourages people who face barriers to work – such as a disability, health condition, or caring responsibilities.
The programme is funded by the European Social Fund and the Education & Skills funding Agency, and administered by LIFT Community Grants ‘Local Investment in Learning Paths to Work’.
- If you would like to find out more, please come along to our open day on Thursday 23 January from 1pm to 3pm at the People’s Community Garden, Maidenhall Allotments, Halifax Road, Ipswich IP2 8RE. There will be hot drinks and food, and a chance to look around the gardens and speak to members of our friendly team.
Please contact Susannah on 07530 407302 or email email@example.com or ActivLives on 01473 345350 to find out more or to register your interest. The first session will start on Monday 3 February.