Next week is ‘Move Suffolk Week’ and to help to celebrate this we are holding our ‘ActivFriends Week’.
We are involved with several events next week including:
- Saturday 18th May (10-4pm), Special Olympics Eastern Region Badminton Tournament at Gainsborough Sport Centre, Ipswich, IP3 0SP. The third hosting of this event in Ipswich with competitors coming from as far afield as Exeter, Lincoln, Birmingham, Southampton, Bournemouth, London and Scotland. There will also be a strong Suffolk team competing for the medals. Please note – this is for spectators only as entries are now closed for this event. Refreshments will be available.
- Monday 20th May (11-12), ActivLives Health Walk in Christchurch Park, Ipswich, IP4 2BX. 45-60 minutes comfortable walking in this beautiful town park. Meet at the Soane Street entrance at 10.45am. The group is approximately 25-30 in number – this is a great way to get some exercise, enjoy the park in spring and meet some lovely people. FREE – New participants welcome.
- Tuesday 21st May (4.30-6), Inclusive Boccia Taster at Gainsborough Sport Centre, Ipswich, IP3 0SP. This event is particularly aimed at anyone over the age of 14, who has a learning disability and would like to try this great sport. FREE to new participants.
- Wednesday 22nd May (10-3), The Golden Games at Whitton Sport Centre, Ipswich, IP1 6LW. This event is focussed on promoting well-being through memories. Helping to tackle dementia, depression, loneliness and isolation through sport and physical activity. Activities available include: Ping Pong, Kurling, Boccia Seated Dance and Short Mat Bowls. FREE – all welcome. (Flyer attached to this email).
- Monday 20th-Friday 24th May (inclusive) ActivLives ‘ActivFriends Week’. All this week ActivLives are inviting new participants to come and try one of their weekly inclusive sport and physical activity sessions held in Ipswich as part of the Everyday Activ-Ipswich programme. All of these sessions are particularly targeted at those who are over 50 years old (no upper age limit!), who don’t currently exercise regularly. Activities include Beginners Yoga (Mon/Weds), Short Mat Bowls (Tues), Badminton (Tues), Ping Pong & Short Tennis (Weds), Boccia, (Mon/Thurs) and Walking Football (Thurs/Fri).
All of these sessions offer a free taster to new participants throughout this week.
For more details about any of the above events please call on 01473 345350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org