ActivHubs Fall Prevention
Aimed at people 55+ who would like to increase strength in the upper and lower body. We focus on stability exercises to improve overall balance, posture & gait.
BETTER BALANCE, OTAGO AND ACTIVSTEPS
WHAT TO EXPECT
- At your 1st session you will need to complete a health screening with a qualified instructor so please arrive at least 20 mins early.
- Be prepared to give Information about your health, wellbeing & medication (if you have ongoing health problems you may need clearance from your GP/heath professional) call 01473 345350 if you are unsure if you need clearance or need any further information before attending the session.
- You will be taking part in a combination of seated and standing exercises depending on your ability level.
- You may do some resistance band exercises for muscle and bone strength.
- You will do exercises that can increase strength in the upper and lower body and stability exercises to Improve balance, posture & gait.
- Session lasts approximately an hour.
WHAT TO BRING
- Stable and supportive flat shoes should be worn
- Loose and comfortable clothing is best
- You may also find it useful to bring a copy of any medications you are taking
- You may like to bring a bottle of water but this will be provided at the sessions
- A smile and a sense of humour and you are all set to go!
WANT TO JOIN US?
Our next sessions can be found by scrolling down the page to our ‘Upcoming Activities‘ section.
ActivLives is a local charity, which relies on grants, trusts, donations, fundraising activities, sponsorship & commissions to enable us to provide & develop our services across Ipswich & Suffolk.