Dawn Gillet has been a volunteer with ActivLives for a number of years leading ActivWalks in Christchurch Park every other Monday. Dawn has completed 5 Marathons (26.2 miles) and over a coffee after the walk, decided she would enter the Stort30 race as she needed a new challenge and thought it would be a good way to raise some money for ActivLives. The Stort30 is a 30 mile race, which takes place on Sunday 27th October and runs along the River Stort Navigation channel in Hertfordshire.
To sponsor Dawn on her 30 mile run, click here: https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundraising/activelivesdawnsrun
Sponsorship forms are also available. Thank you Dawn for doing this to raise funds for ActivLives, we really do appreciate it!
Our stalls will be bursting with freshly picked fruit, vegetables and plants grown at our community gardens as part of our produce market on Friday 11th October 2019, at the CRESS Pavilion, Halifax Road, Ipswich IP2 8RE, from 10am to 12.30pm.
There will also be a delicious selection of cakes and snacks made by young people from one of our partner schools, together with tea, coffee and other refreshments, at the CRESS Café.
ActivSheds will have plenty of items for sale to help wildlife through the winter, including insect hibernacula and hedgehog homes.
Come and share the bounty, meet your neighbours, have a chat, and treat yourself to a cuppa and cake. Feel free to wander round the community garden too!
- SPECIAL EVENT: As part of the Aldeburgh Food Festival Fringe, we are running a Bee Safari to explore our wild area and beekeeping project at 12 noon. Cost: £10 – Booking essential as places are limited.
There is parking on site and in surrounding roads. The CRESS Pavilion is fully accessible with a disabled toilet.
The last CRESS market 2019 is the Christmas special on Friday 6 December.
For more information, or if you would like to hold a stand or get involved, please contact ActivGardens Development Manager Susannah Robirosa on 07530 407302 or email email@example.com or Danny Thorrington on 07532 794173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. ActivLives office can be reached on: 01473 345350.
- More information:
ActivGardens are part of Ipswich-based charity ActivLives.
- The People’s Community Garden, Maidenhall Allotments, Halifax Road, Ipswich IP2 8RE, has vegetable plots, a heritage orchard, sensory garden, wildlife areas and herb spiral. The project enables people of all ages and abilities to get active, learn skills and contribute to their community. It has a diverse volunteer base and works with schools and young people.
- Historic Chantry Walled Garden, Chantry Park, Hadleigh Road, Ipswich IP2 0BS, has flower borders and vegetable growing areas, extensive glasshouses, and a courtyard garden designed for wheelchair users, enabling older people to carry on gardening. Young people on work placement learn about horticulture here and volunteers from the local community help tend the garden and grow plants.
- We have an additional community project in Sudbury’s parks and green spaces.
- Volunteers and placements are welcome at both sites, by arrangement.
ActivLives are holding an autumn plant sale at:
Chantry Walled Garden, Chantry Park, Ipswich IP2 0BS
on Thursday 12th September 2019 from 10.30am to 2.30pm
There will be a selection of bee- and butterfly-friendly perennial plants on offer, with a chance to look around this lovely walled site.
Tea, coffee and cakes will be available at Nursery Cottage – so join us for a cuppa and chat to find out more about what we do.
We offer placements and volunteering opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. For more information, please contact Development Manager Susannah Robirosa 07530 407302 or email email@example.com.
Our current projects are:
- Grow Your Skills – building confidence and skills in young people transitioning from school/ college into work
- Carry On Gardening! – gardening activities for older people, including sessions for people living in residential care homes.
If you would like to book a bespoke visit or activity session, please contact
Project Co-ordinator Lesley Hartley via ActivLives office 01473 345350 firstname.lastname@example.org
For details of location and to find out more about our projects, please visit: www.activlives.org.uk/activgardens
As our long-term members would know, most of our hubs have a break in the summer.
This lets you all have a bit of a break – as well as our staff!
The instructor will tell you when the last session is, and when the first one back is – but here’s a handy list just in case you forget!
|St Mary Stoke
|Oasis Lunch Club
||Closed on 27th August and 24th September
If you can’t find your hub, or have any other queries – be sure to give us a call on 01473 345350.