‘What A Save!’ Answers
Can you name the teams that used to play at the following grounds before they moved to new stadiums?
- Dean Court – Bournemouth
- Highbury – Arsenal
- Goldstone Ground – Brighton
- Filbert Street – Leicester
- Maine Road – Manchester City
- The Dell – Southampton
- Upton Park – West Ham United
- Ninian park – Cardiff City
- Baseball Ground – Derby City
- Boothferry Park – Hull City
- Ayresome Park – Middlesborough
- Victoria Ground – Stoke City
- Vetch Field – Swansea City
- Plough Lane – Wimbledon
- Burden Park – Bolton
- Manor Ground – Oxford United
- Roker Park – Sunderland
- Layer Road – Colchester United
‘Off The Crossbar!’ Answers
Can You Name the Following Players?
- Only 8 players worldwide have won The World Cup the European Cup / Champions League and The Ballon D’or. How many can you name?
Bobby Charlton, Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Paulo Rossi, Zinedine Zadane, Rivaldo Ronoldinho and Kaka
- Who has won the Ballon D’or the most times?
- Who scored the first premiership goal in1992 and who did he play for? A quick hint the team are in the premiership today.
Brian Dean – Sheffield United
- Who scored the first premier league hat trick when playing for Leeds United?
- Who has scored the fastest hat trick in the premier league in just 2 minutes 56 seconds? If it helps they were playing Aston Villa.
Sadio Mane – Southampton
- Who scored the quickest goal in premiership history just 7.69 seconds from the kick off? If ithelps they were playing against Watford in the 2018 / 19 season.
Shane Long – Southampton
- Can you name the only Englishman to win the European Gold Boot given to the player who scored most goals in a top flight European League? If it helps the team are now (season 2019 – 2020) playing in Division 1.
Kevin Phillips – Sunderland