‘Think you know it all?’ Answers
- Before going solo, what all-girl band did Belinda Carlisle front?
- Juno, Queen of the Roman gods, derived from what equivalent Greek goddess?
- What was the Duke of Wellington’s own name?
- What city was once known as Byzantium and then as Constantinople?
- What is the collective term for a group of kangaroos?
- Three of the four elements are earth, air, and water. what is the fourth?
- Which book are the Slough of Despond, the Valley of the Shadow of Death, and the Celestial City in?
In ‘The Pilgrim’s Progress’
- What racevourse hosts the classic St Leger?
- Whose brain starred in the long-running Spitting Image sketch, ‘The President’s Brain is Missing’?
- Who had a number 2 hit in 1990 with the operatic aria ‘Nessun Dorma’?
- Who was the only British Prime Minister ever to be assassinated?
- If you went to see a horse opera, what would you be watching?
A western movie
- Who described the theory of evolution as ‘survival of the fittest?’
Herbet Spencer – Charles Darwin came up with the theory of evolution, but not the phrase!
- Which planet is second from the sun?
- Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal won the double in the 20th century. What other team did?
- What was the name of the Cartwrights’ ranch in the long-running TV western show ‘Bonanza’?
- What is gymnophobia a fear of?
- The world’s shortest play is a 35-second, dialogue-free effort by Samuel Beckett. What is it called?
- What is the translation of the title of Enrique Iglesias’ hit, ‘Bailamos’?
- What did Georgie Porgie do when the boys came out?
- What does the Italian word ‘opera’ mean?
- Metal-toothed villain Jaws appeared in two Bond films. Moonraker was one; what was the other?
The Spy Who Loved Me
- What American state’s nickname is ‘Land of Enchantment’?
- What street did the Great Fire of London start in?