‘Think you know it all?’ Answers
- What new gymnastics event made its first appearance at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney?
- What was the name of the song that gave the Bloodhound Gang a UK hit in summer 2000?
‘The Bad Touch’
- What was the Bounty’s work in the South Seas before the mutiny?
- What is the average life expectancy of a tortoise?
- What type of headdress was traditionally worn by triumphant Roman generals?
A wreath of laurel leaves
- Who played the title role in the classic BBC drama, ‘I Claudius’?
- According to the Book of Genesis, who first bought Joseph as a slave in Egypt?
- Which of these Dubliners did not win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
Samuel Beckett, James Joyce, George Shaw
- Where might you find a shovel hat?
Sitting on a clergyman’s head
- What was the name of Bing Crosby’s boat in High Society?
‘The True Love’
- In theatrical terms, what were ‘groundlings’?
Those standing in the cheap section of the theatre
- Which of Britain’s intelligence services is known as the Secret Intelligence Service?
- What foreign hit in the British chart had the line, ‘I’m not a sailor, I’m the captain’?
- What TV show gave Danny de Vito his big break?
- What film saw Jeremy Brett serenade Audrey Hepburn outside her house?
My Fair Lady
- What is Charles Goodyear credited with inventing in 1839?
- Where is the Giant’s Causeway?
North coast of Ireland
- Who was the first person the South Pole?
- What African country did Ian Smith once rule?
- Cocaine was one an ingredient of what popular drink?
- What media mogul’s personal plane, the Spruce Goose, had the largest wingspan in the world?
- According to George Bernard Shaw’s play, what was John Bull’s Other Island?
- What is dried in an oast?
- In what sport is the Thomas Cup a prize?