- £14 per hour (approx. £27,375pa).
- 37.5 hours per week
- Initial fixed term contract for 12 months, with any extension subject to continued funding.
ActivLives is seeking a motivated, qualified, passionate and experienced person to supervise and co-ordinate its thriving, busy community gardens and outreach projects with two sites in Ipswich and a project in Sudbury.
ActivLives is now looking to appoint a full time ActivGardens Operations Officer to oversee the day-to-day operations of our two main sites, including the supervision of freelance staff and key volunteers and acting as the lead in Health and Safety matters.
- have a commitment to bringing the benefits of gardening and horticulture to a wide range of people, responding to the charity’s core themes of improving health and well-being, providing opportunities for new learning, and helping build communities
- enjoy working with people; recruiting and leading teams of volunteers to work across our sites, while helping them develop personally in their role
- have sound practical sense, excellent organisational skills, and attention to detail. A good sense of humour and ability to remain calm and focused on a busy site is essential.
Experience of managing diverse teams of different ages, abilities and life experiences, will be an advantage.
If you have the skills and enthusiasm, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work in an outdoor environment to support the ‘growing’ of both people and plants.
Visit our website: www.activlives.org.uk/activgardens for more information about ActivGardens and the wider charity ActivLives.
Full details of the role and responsibilities are included in the attached Job Description, but for an informal chat about the post, please call Susannah Robirosa, ActivGardens Fundraising and Development Manager on 07530 407302.
Download the Job Description : 0405 Job Description – ActivGardens Operations Officer – ActivLives
Download the Application Form: 0405 Application Form – ActivGardens Operations Officer – ActivLives
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to ActivLives, Brightspace, 160 Hadleigh Road, Ipswich IP2 0HH (FAO Cynthia Glinos).
Interview date: 5 July 2021.