‘Think you know it all?’ Answers
Who wrote the novel, Treasure Island?
Robert Louis Stevenson
- In which country was ex-England cricket captain Tony Greig born?
- What was Tom Jones’ first UK number one single?
It’s Not Unusual
- Which South American country lost its coastline to Chile in 1879?
- What flavour is the liqueur cassis?
- What product was the first to appear in a UK TV commercial (in 1955)?
- Which artist is famous for painting a portrait of his mother?
James Whistler (the painting is known as ‘Whistler’s Mother’, referred to by many as ‘Portrait of the artist’s mother’, and its full correct title is ‘Arrangement in Grey and Black: The Artist’s Mother’)
- Which singer was known as the ‘Forces’ Sweetheart’?
- What does a lepidopterist collect?
Butterflies and Moths
- What was Genevieve in the 1953 film of the same name?
A classic car (a French ‘Darracq’ built in Paris in 1904)
- In which UK cathedral is the Whispering Gallery?
- What are Blue Mountain, Caturra, and Mocca types of?
- What was the name of the family in TV’s Upstairs Downstairs?
- What is the monkey species on the Rock of Gibraltar commonly called?
Barbary Ape(or properly, the Barbary Macaque, it’s a monkey not a true ape)
- In the human body what is the Trachea?
- What does an acrophobe fear?
- Entomology is the study of which creatures?
- What is the pole called which is used for propelling a barge or punt?
- In which UK county is Hever Castle?
- What colours are the flowers of the flax plant?